Depeche Mode Television Archives Forum

Author Topic: 2013: Delta Machine  (Read 270912 times)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
Re: 2013: Delta Machine
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2012 - 21:25:20 »
2012-01-28 - HOME - New Depeche Mode album in “early 2013?

http://www.depeche-mode.com/2012/01/28/new-depeche-mode-album-in-early-2013/

New Depeche Mode album in “early 2013?

According to an interview in German music magazine, Sonic Seducer, a rough time table has already been set for the next Depeche Mode album. Martin Gore is quoted as saying the new album will be out “no later than early 2013?. As far as we’re aware this is the first time Martin’s mentioned a due date for the future Mode project. The schedule is in sync with earlier statements from Andrew Fletcher, who’s previously said the band was due in the studio in March 2012, and would release an album a year after that.
2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2012 - 21:26:08 »
2012-01-28 - Depechemode.de (Germany) - Neues Depeche Mode-Album soll Anfang 2013 erscheinen

http://www.depechemode.de/neues-depeche-mode-album-soll-anfang-2013-erscheinen-13116/

Interview mit Martin Gore
Neues Depeche Mode-Album soll Anfang 2013 erscheinen
28. Januar 2012 von Sven Plaggemeier

In einem Interview mit dem Radiosender 1Live hat Martin Gore das Bandtreffen Anfang Januar in Santa Barbara bestätigt (wir berichteten) und zugleich ein neues Album für 2013 in Aussicht gestellt. Die Fanseite depeche-mode.com wird konkreter und spricht unter Berufung auf ein Musikmagazin, das ebenfalls mit Gore gesprochen hat, von einem Erscheinungstermin Anfang 2013. Die Bedingungen für einen neuen Longplayer könnten besser kaum sein: Laut Martin ist das Bandgefühl so gut wie nie zuvor.
Schuld daran ist jedoch ein unschöner Anlass, nämlich die Blasenkrebserkrankung von Dave Gahan vor drei Jahren. Die anderen Bandmitglieder seien darüber sehr schockiert gewesen, berichtet Martin. Da sie alle nicht mehr die jüngsten seien und die 50 überschritten hätten, würde man einen solchen Vorfall mit einer anderen Sicht der Dinge wahrnehmen.

Weitere Einzelheiten wollte Martin gegenüber den Reportern nicht preisgeben. So war auch leider nichts über eine geplante Tour zu erfahren. Gerüchteweise sollen jedoch bereits ein Sicherheitsdienst für 2013 gebucht worden sein.

2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2012 - 22:23:19 »
2012-01-30 - Side-Line (Belgium) - New Depeche Mode album out by 2013

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=47442_0_2_0_C

New Depeche Mode album out by 2013
Posted on 30/01/12

In an interview with the German magazine Sonic Seducer Martin Gore has confirmed that the new Depeche Mode record will be out at the latest in early 2013 (March, April would be a good guess). The band will be recording the new material later this year.

What kind of production do you expect this time?

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #18 on: 31 January 2012 - 23:15:00 »
2012-01-31 - Slicing Up Eyeballs (US) - Martin Gore: New Depeche Mode album to be released ‘no later than early 2013’

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/01/31/new-depeche-mode-album-2013/

Martin Gore: New Depeche Mode album to be released ‘no later than early 2013’
January 31, 2012 6:37 am

With Depeche Mode returning to the studio in March, the first word of a timetable for the band’s 13th album has emerged: Martin L. Gore tells German magazine Sonic Seducer that the record will be released “no later than early 2013,” according to fansite Home.

Gore also tells Italian Vogue that he can’t really tour his new VCMG album — recorded with ex-DM member Vince Clarke — because he’s already starting work on songs for the follow-up to 2009?s Sounds of the Universe: “It’s still all a little hazy, but I’ve written a bit of music: we’ll see each other soon and start working together.”

That follows Andy Fletcher’s revelation in late last year that Depeche Mode was slated to reconvene this month ahead of its recording session: “We got a meeting in January and it looks like we’re going to start recording a new album in March or something like that.”

Following the release of Sounds of the Universe, Depeche Mode toured the world for nearly a full year, wrapping up the “Tour of the Universe” in February 2010 in Germany. Since then, the band has released both a live album and DVD and a remix compilation, and contributed a cover of U2?s “So Cruel” to an Achtung Baby tribute album.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2012 - 23:04:38 »
2012-02-02 - Gaffa (Denmark) - Depeche Mode går i studiet

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/57046

Nyhed / Torsdag d. 02-02-2012 kl. 09:55
Depeche Mode går i studiet
"Vi vil starte optagelserne i marts," siger Martin Gore til GAFFA
Af Mats Almegård
I november sagde Andy Fletcher i et interview med Spazio MAD, at Depeche Mode skulle samles til et møde i januar 2012 og muligvis gå i studiet kort tid derefter. I et interview med GAFFA Sveriges Mats Almegård bekræfter sangskriver Martin Gore, at det er tilfældet:

– Vi havde et møde i januar og planlægger at gå i studiet meget snart.

Hvad betyder "meget snart"?

– Vi vil begynde at optage i marts. Vi arbejder sandsynligvis med albummet hele året, on-off. Formodentlig vil vi ikke udgive albummet før næste år, men snebolden er i hvert fald sat i gang med at rulle, siger Martin Gore til GAFFA Sverige.

Martin Gore, der sidste år sang på sangen "Man Made Machine" sammen med Motor, og som er 12. marts er aktuel med et fuldlængde technoalbum sammen med eks-Depeche Mode-kollegaen Vince Clarke i duoen VCMG, blev også spurgt, om det næste Depeche Mode-album er blevet påvirket af dette, og om det lyder mere techno-agtigt. Svaret på dette spørgsmål kan du læse i martsudgaven af ??GAFFA Sverige, der er ude 2. marts i Sverige og til den tid kan læses på GAFFA.se

Depeche Mode seneste studiealbum hedder "Sounds of the Universe" og blev udgivet i 2009.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #20 on: 06 February 2012 - 22:02:25 »
2012-02-06 - @awtpollard on Twitter:

A Scottish DM fan named Andy Pollard met Fletch and tweeted the following:
"The producer is already chosen, the direction of the new album is decided and the band is beginning the first studio session in the third week of March"

[This info was then re-tweeted by PeterToo and posted on Facebook, but later today all of them retracted their posts.]

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #21 on: 06 February 2012 - 23:03:33 »
2012-02-06 - Hotpress (UK) - Ben Hillier confirmed for Music Show

http://wordpress.hotpress.com/themusicshow/2012/02/06/ben-hillier-confirmed-for-music-show/

(...)

"Ben is about to head to the USA to embark on his third album with Depeche Mode in 2012, which will see him again work closely with Martin Gore, Dave Gahan and Andrew Fletcher."

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2012 - 22:33:10 »
2012-02-07 - HOME - News

http://www.depeche-mode.com/2012/02/07/ben-hillier-to-return/

Ben Hillier to return?

It seems Ben Hillier might just be returning to produce Depeche again. Hot Press is running an article about Ben Hillier and at the end of the article it says, “Ben is about to head to the USA to embark on his third album with Depeche Mode in 2012, which will see him again work closely with Martin Gore, Dave Gahan and Andrew Fletcher.” While we can’t confirm this now, we do know that Danton Supple from the 140DB camp mixed the forthcoming Soulsavers project that features Dave Gahan on lead vocals and that just helps fuel speculation on Ben’s return.  More info soon! To read the Hotpress article, click here!

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #23 on: 07 February 2012 - 22:33:57 »
2012-02-07 - Depechemode.de (Germany) - Ben Hillier soll neues Depeche Mode-Album produzieren

http://www.depechemode.de/ben-hillier-soll-neues-depeche-mode-album-produzieren-13259/

Ben Hillier soll neues Depeche Mode-Album produzieren
07. Februar 2012 von Sven Plaggemeier

Bei ihrem Bandtreffen im Januar in Santa Barbara haben Depeche Mode zwar über ihr neues Album gesprochen. Bislang sind aber nur wenige Informationen in die Öffentlichkeit gedrungen. Anfang 2013 soll der Longplayer erscheinen, soviel verriet Martin Gore jüngst in einem Interview. Ein Produzent wurde jedoch nicht genannt. Jetzt berichtet das Online-Musikmagazin The Music Show, dass die Wahl abermals auf Ben Hillier gefallen ist.

“Ben wird demnächst in die USA reisen, um 2012 an einem Album mit Depeche Mode zu arbeiten”, heißt es auf der Webseite. Nach Playing the Angel und Sounds Of The Universe wäre es das dritte Studioalbum, das Hillier mit der Band produziert.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2012 - 00:02:42 »
2012-02-14 - HOME - New album tour sort of officially confirmed…

http://www.depeche-mode.com/2012/02/13/new-album-tour-sort-of-officially-confirmed/

New album tour sort of officially confirmed…

While the details of the upcoming Depeche Mode project is still scarce, it has at least been very firmly confirmed now – officially and in print – and in the name of charity. Martin Gore has donated a day in the studio, and a trip in the band’s private jet on tour, to The American Riviera Wine Auction benefitting Direct Relief. The winning bidder will be “joining Depeche Mode in their Santa Barbara studio for a full day in 2012 to watch as they record”, and later “board the band’s private jet, travelling with Depeche Mode to the next stop on their tour”, where tickets and backstage passes await. For the full item description, and a link, read on…

Catching up with Depeche Mode
The ultimate Depeche Mode package will be the experience of a lifetime for one lucky fan of the band that
has inspired generations of musicians around the world. This is music like you’ve never heard (or seen) it
before. Behind the scenes. Up close and personal. In the studio and on the road.
This is the group known as the most popular and successful electronic band in music history. They’ve
sold over 100 million albums and singles worldwide and have had twelve Top-10 albums in the UK. With
a history that began over 30 years ago in Essex, England, Depeche Mode continues to influence the world
today.
Now is your opportunity to go behind the scenes and find out why. You and your guest will be joining
Depeche Mode in their Santa Barbara studio for a full day in 2012 to watch as they record what is certain
to become their next legendary album. Then take the experience to another level, joining the band on tour
for one leg of the rock star journey.
You’ll meet in a select city where you and your guest will board the band’s private jet, travelling with
Depeche Mode to the next stop on their tour. Close out this unbelievable experience with incredible seats
to the concert, where you can rock out to the music you first heard in the studio.
• Winner and one (1) guest will join Depeche Mode in their Santa Barbara studio as they
record their next album
• Winner and one (1) guest will travel with the band aboard their private jet between two
stops on tour
• Two (2) incredible seats to concert in select city
• Two (2) backstage passes to concert in select city
Airfare not included other than private jet between tour cities as listed above. Hotel accommodations not
included. Visit to recording studio to be scheduled for mutually-agreeable date. Concert tour dates/destinations
not final as of printing.
Courtesy of Martin Gore and Depeche Mode

http://www.directrelief.org/uploadedFiles/Support_Us/VintnerAuction_Program_Web.pdf

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #25 on: 20 February 2012 - 21:22:33 »
2012-02-19 - Musicserver (Czech Republic) - Katka Knechtová

http://www.supermusic.cz/sprava.php?id=334738

(...)

13. februára sa v predaji objavila dlho očakávaná veľká platňa Katky Knechtovej Tajomstvá. Pokrstila ju o niekoľko dní neskôr v bratislavskom klube LOFT. Žiadnym tajomstvom nebolo, že pôvodne ju mal krstiť producent Christian Eigner, no toho ďalšie producentské povinnosti – tentoraz pre skupinu Depeche Mode – zaviedli do americkej Santa Barbary. Rolu krstného otca tak prebral Katkin textár Vlado Krausz.

(...)

2012-02-20 - The Quietus (UK) - Interview Martin Gore

http://thequietus.com/articles/08029-depeche-mode-new-album-martin-gore-interview

Depeche Mode: Work On New LP Begins

The Quietus , February 20th, 2012 08:15
Martin Gore gets "vigour" from VCMG

As regular Quietus readers will know, we're massively excited by the new album from Vince Clarke and Martin L Gore's VCMG project - SSSS, which comes out on Mute on March 12th, is a brilliant ten tracks of chest-out techno pop - proper Essex-boy bangers. Last week, we spoke to Martin L Gore for a forthcoming Quietus feature on VCMG, and asked him how recording SSSS might impact the future of Depeche Mode.

"It's was a nice break for me to be able to go and do something completely different that doesn't involve poring over lyrics and having to think about vocal melodies," Gore told us, adding that the VCMG experience has rejuvenated him as he starts writing for Depeche Mode's thirteenth studio album. "I think I went back to actually writing for the band with much more vigour afterwards, because I had taken such a break. It gave me a real creative impetus."

However, he continued, you're unlikely to hear a techno-influenced Depeche Mode album any time soon. "I went straight from finishing the VCMG record into writing for the band," he said. "I think even though I used a lot of the same kind of instrumentation, I immediately went into a completely different headspace. The stuff I've been doing for the band is completely different to VCMG."

This is in part, said Gore, due to his love of instrumentation as well as synthesisers. "Apart from the fact that I came back to the actual songwriting with more energy, you have to remember as well that I'm also a guitar player," he said. "Working on the VCMG record, obviously I didn't look at a guitar for that whole period because it just wasn't right - so the moment I started getting back to writing songs for the band then I'm picking up the guitar, I'm going on the piano, working on chords, just working completely differently."

Gore tells us that Depeche Mode are due to enter the studio at the end of March, and are "hoping to be finished by the end of the year." For now, please meet 'Spock'.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2012 - 23:41:47 »
2012-02-23 - Billboard (US) - Depeche Mode Co-Founders Reunite As VCMG

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/depeche-mode-co-founders-reunite-as-vcmg-20120223

(...)

What else have you been working on recently? Is there a new Depeche Mode album in the works?
We finished this project last May or something. Since then I've been working on writing songs for Depeche. And we are about to embark on a whole new project. We're starting in the studio at the end of March, hoping to have an album finished by the end of the year, and then probably getting to the whole touring process in 2013.

I think it's too early, really, to talk about [the record], because everybody is quite happy with the actual sound of the demos, which is quite reassuring and a bit of a novelty. We feel like we've got a head start on this album before we even got to the studio. It probably won't be out until spring next year.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2012 - 23:43:10 »
2012-02-23 - Rolling Stone (US) - Vince Clarke & Martin Gore Talk VCMG, New Depeche Mode & Erasure

http://www.billboard.com/news/vince-clarke-martin-gore-talk-vcmg-new-depeche-1006265152.story#/news/vince-clarke-martin-gore-talk-vcmg-new-depeche-1006265152.story

(...)

VCMG previewed the album with an EP for the tracks "Spock" and and will do the same on Feb. 28 for "Single Blip," featuring remixes by Byetone and Mathew Johnson. Live work for VCMG seems unlikely, however, as Gore plans to start recording Depeche Mode's next album in March, most likely for a 2013 release. "So far all we've done is have a meeting," he says. "We've listened to all the songs and are happy with the way it's going. Everybody's in a positive frame of mind...but it's too early to talk about it."

2012-02-25 - Denik (Czech Republic) - Interview with Katka Knechtová

http://www.denik.cz/hudba/katka-knechtova-je-uzasne-sledovat-jak-se-daji-skladby-ohybat-20120225.html

(...)

A co takhle zahrát si živě i s Christianem?

Bylo by to krásné, něco takového se ale může odehrát pouze v oblasti mých snů… Byli jsme dohodnutí, že přijede na křest, ale problém nastal ve chvíli, kdy si s Depeche Mode usmysleli, že budou točit novou desku. Takže touto dobou je Christian asi někde v Santa Barbaře.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #28 on: 27 February 2012 - 22:10:23 »
2012-02-27 - The Quietus (UK) - Dave Gahan on Soulsavers & Depeche

http://thequietus.com/articles/08094-dave-gahan-interview-depeche-mode-soulsavers

[This interview was removed from the site quickly after going online, but luckily some fans copy/pasted the text in the meantime.]

As Depeche Mode prepare to enter the studio in late-March to record their thirteenth album, we find that Martin Gore hasn't been the only one making waves in his free time. Frontman Dave Gahan – who has two solo efforts already behind him – recently completed his latest side project, a collaboration with the eclectic and ever-evolving production duo Soulsavers.

The Light, the Dead See, which will be released by Cooperative Music, features 12 acutely powerful tracks grounded in blues, soul, and flat-out arena rock. Last weekend Gahan and Rich Machin of Soulsavers told us about what went into the album, as well as the massively positive effect this relationship will have on Depeche Mode's future.

"It was definitely a very new experience for me," said Gahan. "I know some of the songs will come across as quite dark and moody, but it was the most uplifting experience I've ever had making a record." And as with Gore (whose full-length collaboration with former Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke, SSSS, will come out on March 12), it's clear that his outside work has rekindled a desire to write. "I don't think I'd be jumping back into the studio right now if it hadn't been for this experience," he said.

(...)

With Depeche Mode's forthcoming album in mind, Gahan also acknowledged that Martin Gore may have hit a creative high point of his own. "There's definitely a change in Martin, in that he's so excited about working right now," he said. "We've been through a lot together, you know, it's a family, you have your ups and downs, and it's nice to be excited about making a record together." He added that Gore is continuing to reconnect with his guitar a primary songwriting instrument. "He comes up with great ideas, he really does some great things. But I feel Martin enjoys playing live, he enjoys playing guitar, and he enjoys playing onstage. That element is now shifting into the studio a lot more."

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #29 on: 03 March 2012 - 21:13:46 »
2012-03-02 - Rolling Stone (US) - Video: Dave Gahan Discusses Depeche Mode's Upcoming Album

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/video-dave-gahan-discusses-depeche-modes-upcoming-album-20120302

By Rolling Stone
March 2, 2012 2:50 PM ET

Depeche Mode are just about ready to record their 12th album, says frontman Dave Gahan. The record will be produced by Ben Hillier, but Gahan says Depeche Mode co-founder Martin Gore will step up with more production responsibilities than on previous LPs. "We've got about 20 songs demoed and we're going to begin recording at the end of next month," he recently told Rolling Stone. "It's a very different process from what it used to be. You've got to put interesting people around you, you've got to work with people who are gonna inspire you to take the songs you've written into a completely different direction, because there's nothing more boring than going to the studio and predictably knowing what is going to happen."

Interview by Patrick Flanary, video by Eric Helton and Matthew Murphy