Depeche Mode Television Archives Forum

Author Topic: 2017: Spirit and Global Spirit Tour  (Read 51600 times)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
2017: Spirit and Global Spirit Tour
« on: 27 September 2015 - 19:39:01 »
This thread will contain all news items regarding Depeche Mode's upcoming album Spirit and its tour.
2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
Re: 2017: Spirit and Global Spirit Tour
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:39:33 »
2014-12-28 - Sitges Infoguia (Spain) - ENTREVISTA ANDY FLETCHER

http://sitgesinfoguia.com/sitges-anual-magazine-entrevista-andy-fletcher-depeche-mode/
http://sitgesinfoguia.com/en/sitges-anual-magazine-entrevista-andy-fletcher-depeche-mode/

(...)
Infoguía: That's fantastic! Please tell us something about the future plans and projects.
ANDY: "Well as you know we finished the tour a few months ago and we are now taking us some time, which means you'll spend long periods here in Sitges and that's good! Probably we will meet next year to think about a new album and tour planning our next year ".
2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:39:52 »
2015-04-01 - Clash Music (UK) - Europa Hymn: Martin Gore Interviewed

http://www.clashmusic.com/features/europa-hymn-martin-gore-interviewed

(...)
Talk of Depeche Mode's last album inevitably brings us round to plans for the next stadium-bothering record from Gore's band, and in particular whether 'MG' offers any clues as to what a future Mode record might sound like. "We haven't even got as far as talking about any kind of concept or sound for the next Depeche Mode album," he insists, with one fell swoop crushing the dreams of legions of fans. "The most that we've done is talked to each other and talked to our manager about the possibility of a new Depeche Mode album, which we are all in favour of, but there's no timeline or anything. It's way too early to know anything about it just yet."
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:40:05 »
2015-04-07 - M24 (Russia) - Лидер Depeche Mode Мартин Гор

http://www.m24.ru/articles/70435
http://depechemodequest.tumblr.com/post/115755583670/day61-7-april-alright-children-its-time-for-me

(...)
Finally, traditional question: when will the new Depeche Mode album be released?
- I can answer easily to this one: we have been working for a long time, and based on the four-year release cycle, the next album is expected in 2017. Frankly, I’m looking forward to the moment when I’ll start writing songs again. I miss doing that.
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:40:49 »
2015-05-06 - the Music (Australia) - Enjoying The Silence

http://themusic.com.au/interviews/all/2015/05/06/martin-gore-bryget-chrisfield/

(...)
While promoting MG, Gore has already started writing Depeche Mode material and one song is already “coming together”. “It’s the first song that I’ve actually started writing since I finished the MG project so it’s always good to get one going and get one under your belt,” he shares.
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:41:04 »
2015-05-12 - Vice (US) - Depeche Mode's Martin Gore Doesn't Want to Talk About Synths Anymore

http://www.vice.com/read/depeche-modes-martin-gore-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-synths-194

(...)
Do you think you'll stay with that concept for the next thing or will you continue to try to surprise us?
The next thing I have to start thinking about is, I suppose, a Depeche Mode album. I mean, I'm already writing songs, I've actually started going into the studio and writing songs now, not writing these instrumentals. I've started on that path. Assuming we finish another album, and it comes out, and we do another tour and finish that, it would be nice to do something different. People keep asking when Counterfeit 3 is coming out. It'd be nice for it to come out when people least expect it.
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:41:17 »
2015-06-04 - MusicOMH (UK) - Interview with Martin Gore

http://www.musicomh.com/features/interviews/depeche-mode-martin-gore

(...)
Gore is a positive presence in conversation, and it is easy to imagine him juggling a few different projects, all the product of a busy mind. The reality is different, however. “I find it very hard to multitask,” he admits, “and I find it very distracting to do one thing and flip flop between different projects.” Is time off a necessity, then, so that he comes back fresher? “It can help,” he agrees. “I literally started writing songs two or three weeks ago, but at the same time I decided to change my computer set-up, and so I’ve just finished one song. The computer just came with Yosemite installed, so I had to sort it out. It’s been a bit of a two week struggle, so as we speak I’ve just finished one song for the band.” For the new album? “That’s right!”
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:41:39 »
2015-09-14 - Pitchfork (UK) - Dave Gahan Talks New Album Angels & Ghosts and the Future of Depeche Mode

http://pitchfork.com/news/61159-dave-gahan-talks-new-album-angels-ghosts-and-the-future-of-depeche-mode/

(...)
He’s been very supportive, and I hope he feels the same from me when it comes to him doing his solo projects. I think he’s sort of eager at the moment to at least get an idea of when he and I will start work on another record, you know? I think Martin is really enjoying that process right now, and he certainly really enjoys a lot more performing live.
(...)
Pitchfork: Is there a timeline for Depeche Mode to get back in the studio or on the road?
DG: I saw Martin recently. It was really nice to see him, and I’m sure by the end of this year we’ll sit down together and talk about making another record. I know he’s began writing and loosely I’ve begun writing as well with Christian [Eigner] and Peter [Gordeno] from the band, and also Kurt [Uenala]. But that’s a long way off. Later in the year—I don’t know, in December or something—I’ll go out to his place or something and we’ll sit down and talk about it. It’s always a big challenge. You have to really sit down and you have to have an idea: "What kind of record do we really want to make? Who do we want to work with? Where do we want to take this? Do we want to go on the road?" All that kind of stuff, and I’m pretty sure it will happen, but there’s no plan at the moment.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #8 on: 27 September 2015 - 19:41:55 »
2015-09-26 - Q Magazine (UK) - Let's Do Lunch With... Dave Gahan

https://twitter.com/davycorb/status/647806492893184001

(...)
Gahan has just arrived back in the city from California, a state he now has more love for especially, you sense, as it's also the home of Depeche Mode founding member and songwriter, Martin Gore. Although the pair have famously had a tumultuous dynamic over the years, Gahan admits happily that their relationship "has really changed".
(...)
Twenty years on, Gahan has found salvation in sobriety. He and Gore are talking about the next Depeche Mode record (their 14th), he's about to release a collaboration with production and remix outfit Soulsavers and he has a stable family life with his wife and kids.
(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2015 - 18:48:42 »
2015-10-03 - Reforma (Mexico) - PROMETE DEPECHE VENIR A MÉXICO

[Photo uploaded by Engel Smith in Facebook group Depeche Mode Mexico - de fans para fans. N.B.: Martin Gore has also said in April that he feels obliged to tour South America on the next tour: https://www.depechemode-live.com/wiki/2015-04-30_WARP_magazine,_Mexico_City,_Mexico.]

http://tabascohoy.com/2/notas/index.php?ID=272992

PROMETE DEPECHE VENIR A MÉXICO

Dave Gahan asegura que el grupo incluirá al País en su siguiente gira
Luis Carrillo

Dave Gahan sabe que Depeche Mode tiene una deuda con México y piensa saldarla.
Por cuestiones de logística, y para no estar tantos meses lejos de sus familias, el trío británico decidió no incluir a América Latina en su más reciente gira, The Delta Machine Tour, pero el frontman confía en que eso no se repita.
"Esperamos verlos pronto. Nos aseguraremos de que la próxima vez vayamos por allá y hagamos algunos shows", dice el frontman británico, en entrevista telefónica desde Nueva York.
Tras los 108 recitales de dicho tour que culminó en marzo del año pasado, Gahan ha aprovechado el receso del trío inglés para preparar su segundo disco con el proyecto Soulsavers, Angels & Ghosts, a publicarse el próximo 23 de octubre.
"Cuando escribes canciones, te topas con piezas de la vida con las cuales has batallado antes, y un álbum nuevo como éste, súbitamente, contiene gran parte de ti. Eso provoca la música, me hace ver dónde estoy".
Dave Gahan & Soulsavers, como se hace llamar la sociedad musical, liberó ya el sencillo "All of This and Nothing" y tiene agendados conciertos íntimos en Los Ángeles, Nueva York, Londres, Berlín, París y Milán.
Después, el músico retornará a Depeche Mode para engendrar un álbum nuevo y emprender una gira mundial.
"Vi a Martin (Gore, letrista) recientemente en California y ya empezó a escribir algunas cosas, al igual que yo. No tenemos un plan al momento, nos veremos a finales de año, discutiremos y planearemos lo necesario para empezar a grabar el próximo año.
"Él, al igual que yo, ama hacer música. Una gran bendición es trabajar con quien nosotros queramos. Esa es la belleza de Depeche Mode. Depende de nosotros elegir con quién entramos al estudio y qué tipo de disco deseamos hacer", asegura.
A nivel personal, Dave se dice motivado para emprender todos estos proyectos, alejado de los excesos que pusieron su vida en jaque en las últimas dos décadas.
"Encontré la paz en mi vida y hoy me siento realizado. Mi única ambición a estas alturas sólo es ser mejor en lo que hago", dice.
En 1993 sufrió un paro cardíaco en pleno show; en 1995 intentó cortarse las muñecas; en 1996 su corazón se detuvo dos minutos tras inyectarse heroína y cocaína, y en 2009, cuando iniciaba una gira mundial, le fue detectado un cáncer de vejiga que pudo superar tras ser intervenido.
"Me gusta trabajar, necesito crear, lo disfruto y para ser un mejor padre, esposo y todas esas facetas, hay que pasar más tiempo con los amigos, la familia, y hacer música con personas con las cuales realmente goce componer.
"(La música) ha salvado mi vida. Cuando era niño, muy chico, como a los 10 años, la música me permitió sentirme seguro y a salvo. Era una guarida a la cual acudía para sentirme apartado de mis problemas. Cuando estoy en el escenario experimento eso. Es como respirar. Con música todo me hace sentido", dice el músico de 53 años.

Comparte su talento
El nuevo álbum que lanzará con Soulsavers contiene neuve temas, para los cuales Dave aportó las letras.
En 2012 Gahan colaboró con este proyecto que lidera Rich Machin, a través del disco The Light The Dead See.
Gahan es fan del personaje de Mickey Rourke en el filme El Luchador, por su historia de calda y rendención.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2015 - 00:53:47 »
2015-10-07 - Clash Music (UK) - Dave Gahan Talks New Depeche Mode

http://clashmusic.com/news/dave-gahan-talks-new-depeche-mode

Dave Gahan Talks New Depeche Mode
"We're much more of a team these days..."
ROBIN MURRAY

Dave Gahan is the middle of something of a creative purple patch.

Depeche Mode released their well-received studio album 'Delta Machine' in 2013, following hot on the heels of the singer's full length collaboration with Soulsavers.

Since then, the singer has completed an exhausting world tour - and hopped back in the studio. Working once more with Soulsavers, the project's new album 'Angels & Ghosts' will be released on October 23rd, and is set to be followed by a select batch of live performances.

Clash was granted the chance to chat to Dave Gahan, discussing 'Angels & Ghosts' and much, much more. As the conversation drew to a close, though, we couldn't help but ask about Depeche Mode's current plans...

"No plans at the moment but I'm not ruling out Martin (Gore) and I being back in the studio at some point next year," he explained. "I know he's started a bit of writing and I've started a little bit of writing as well. I did see him recently and we talked a little bit about getting together later this year just to sort of have a chat about what that might be."

"Look, there's going to be another Depeche record. We're not done," he insisted. "We always have that feeling... after a tour, you're like: I'm done. And then suddenly this feeling starts coming up again, like, well we could have made a better record or we could have worked with that guy or we could have done this or we could have done that. There's still that nagging feeling that I have with Martin. And I think that between us Martin and I are just starting to scratch at something that's a little different between us. We're much more of a team these days than we've ever been, which has taken a long time."

So there we have it. A full Dave Gahan interview will be live on Clash shortly.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #11 on: 11 October 2015 - 16:42:33 »
2015-10-07 - The Interview People (Germany) - Interview Dave Gahan

http://www.theinterviewpeople.com/index.php?id=413&tx_eleoninpdb_list%5Baction%5D=list&tx_eleoninpdb_list%5Bmode%5D=normal&tx_eleoninpdb_list%5Binterest_id%5D=2

(...)

Q: How does "Angels & Ghosts" fit into the picture? Is this part of the big journey then?

A: I think so. I think that's not completely obvious at the time, but I think it's part of the fabric of what goes onto become whatever the next work is from Depeche Mode. It's kind of like - you know, Martin just did a solo album. And I know he really enjoyed doing that. I'm sure he'll do more. And the same goes for me. And I know that we'll probably get together later this year and talk about making another record together. And I imagine probably sometime next year we'll be in the studio making a record together. But what's important with that is what kind of record do we want to make? Who do we want to work with? Who are we going to get to be the programmer on this? Who can we bring in interesting? You know, I think that we still haven't really explored the idea of bringing our band into the studio, i.e. Christian Eigner, Peter Gordeno. You know, going into the studio with a bunch of songs that we can maybe begin to record together in a different way.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2015 - 17:22:28 »
2015-10-21 - Krone Zeitung (Austria) - Zuerst Soulsavers, dann Depeche Mode

http://www.krone.at/Musik/Dave_Gahan_Zuerst_Soulsavers._dann_Depeche_Mode-Krone-Interview-Story-477941

(...)

"Krone": Es gibt Gerüchte, dass du mit Christian Eigner ohnehin schon an neuen Depeche-Mode-Songs arbeitest?
Gahan: Das stimmt. Christian, Peter Gordino und ich haben ein paar Ideen, die wir schon mal zusammengeworfen haben. Ich habe ihnen aber vor ein paar Monaten gesagt, dass ich diese Ideen derzeit nicht genau weiterverfolgen kann, weil mein Fokus am Soulsavers-Projekt liegt. Ich bin mir aber sicher, dass wir bis zum Jahresende zusammenfinden werden, um diese Gedanken zu präzisieren und zu erweitern. Ich arbeite auch mit Kurt Uenala, mit dem ich schon für "Delta Machine" Songs geschrieben habe, an neuem Material. Wir haben auch schon ein bisschen aufgenommen, aber ich bin momentan in der Phase, wo ich diese ersten rohen Demos mal zu Martin schicken und um seine Meinung dazu bitten werde. (lacht) Ich hoffe eben, dass Martin und ich heuer noch zusammenkommen, um das genauer zu diskutieren, aber es würde mich nicht überraschen, wenn wir nächstes Jahr für eine Albumaufnahme ins Studio gehen werden.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2015 - 03:10:05 »
2015-11-08 - Jeannie Mortensen on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138361455200/permalink/10156294092590201/

[A fan attended Andy Fletcher's DJ set in Copenhagen on November 7th, and wrote that Andy said that DM would go back to the studio in March 2016. Thanks to Kimmie for translating this comment for this forum.]

Depeche Mode går i studiet i marts 2016. De elsker at turnere, så der skal nok komme en mere. Andy forstår simpelthen ikke hvorfor Alan forlod bandet. Men han hader ham. Der blev sagt mange grimme ord om en mand som er min ven. Jeg blev sgu ked, og gal. Han spiste mindst fem bananer, pakkede sandwich sammen til morgenmaden, og drak masser af hvidvin. Han er uden tvivl en særling... Men historie i min bog :) DM 4 ever.

Translation:

Depeche Mode is going into the studios in March 2016. They love touring, so there will be on more. Andy just doesn't understand why Alan left the band. But he hates him. A lot of bad words were said about my friend here. I am angry and sad. He ate at least five bananas, got his sandwiches for brunch, and he drank a lot of white wine. He is a special kind of person, without a doubt... But a story in my book :) DM 4ever

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2015 - 02:43:01 »
2015-12-05 - Radio Kiss Kiss (Italy) - Kiss Kiss Weekend

https://www.depechemode-live.com/wiki/2015-12-05_Kiss_Kiss_Weekend,_Radio_Kiss_Kiss,_Naples,_Italy
http://kisskiss.it/ascolta-le-repliche/sermon/4620.html

(...) "At the moment we're preparing to make a new album next year, and hopefully go on tour the year after. So when I'm doing this as a DJ, I think the next two years is gonna be Depeche."(...)