Depeche Mode Television Archives Forum

Author Topic: 2010: Nitzer Ebb - I am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
2010: Nitzer Ebb - I am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)
« on: 09 October 2011 - 03:48:52 »
This thread concerns all news items regarding Alan Wilder's remix for Nitzer Ebb's Industrial Complex album.

PM me if you have any additional new items.
2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
Re: 2010: Nitzer Ebb - I am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:49:19 »
2009-12-28 - Medien-konverter.de (Germany) - Alan Wilder Remixt Nitzer Ebb

http://www.medienkonverter.de/news-alan-wilder-remixt-nitzer-ebb-5911.html

Alan Wilder Remixt Nitzer Ebb

Nachdem Alfa Matrix das neue Nitzer Ebb Album 'Industrial Complex' mit exklusiven Remixes in einer Benelux-Version beworben hat, zieht Major Records mit der deutschen Version nach.
Major Records wird ebenfalls eine 2CD Version veröffentlichen. Die darauf enthaltenen exklusiven Mixes unterscheiden sich jedoch zu 100% von der Alfa Matrix Version.
Spektakulär und heiß erwartet ist dabei ein Remix von niemand geringerem als Alan Wilder, wie uns das Label mitteilte. Der arbeitete u.a. ja bereits auf der 'As Is' EP im Jahre 1991 bzgl. des Titels 'Come Alive' mit den beidem EBMlern zusammen. Und wenn der neue Mix genauso gut wird, dann darf man sich auf die erneute Zusammenarbeit freuen.
Die volle Liste der Remixes der Major-Records Edition folgt in den nächsten Tagen.
2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:49:40 »
2010-01-02 - HOME - Alan Wilder to remix Nitzer Ebb

http://www.depeche-mode.com/2010/01/02/alan-wilder-to-remix-nitzer-ebb/

Alan Wilder to remix Nitzer Ebb
Alan Wilder, former Depeche Mode member, will be remixing a track for the German edition of Nitzer Ebb’s new album Industrial Complex. His remix will be featured on a bonus remix disc that will be included with the standard album. Alan has produced and remixed NE in the past, so we’re excited to hear he’ll be working with them again. NE will be supporting Mode starting this month!

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:50:47 »
2010-01-08 - Nitzer Ebb - Tracklist Remix CD

http://nitzerebb.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/tracklist-remix-cd/

Tracklist Remix CD
The bonus remix disc contains 9 remixes of the tracks I Am Undone, My Door Is Open and Once You Say by Alan Wilder, Christopher Kah, Terence Fixmer and other artists. The remixes will be featured on a bonus remix disc that will be included with the album. The new album will be released as 2 CD Digipak on Major Records.
01 I Am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)
02 I Am Undone (Christopher Kah Remix)
03 My Door Is Open (Terence Fixmer Remix)
04 Once You Say (Tom Furse Remix)
05 Once You Say (Celluloide Mix)
06 Once You Say (Orphee-Eeproh Remix)
07 Once You Say (People Theatre Remix)
08 Once You Say (Collapsed System Mix)
09 Once You Say (Suesseborn Sinessence Mix)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:51:03 »
2010-01-10 - Amazon (Germany) - I Am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00331HKQ0

I Am Undone (Alan Wilder Remix)
Nitzer Ebb
Format: MP3-Download
Aus dem Album Industrial Complex
Preis:   EUR 0,91

Produktinformation
Ursprüngliches Erscheinungsdatum : 22. Januar 2010
Label: Major Records
Copyright: 2010 Major Records
Dauer: 5:29 Minuten
Genres: Dance & Electronic/Electronica
ASIN: B00331HKQ0

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:51:40 »
2010-01-19 - Recoil - New Nitzer Ebb remix by Alan Wilder

http://www.facebook.com/notes/recoil-alan-wilder-official-page/new-nitzer-ebb-remix-by-alan-wilder/262034798674

New Nitzer Ebb remix by Alan Wilder
by Recoil / Alan Wilder

Alan recently remixed a track for the German edition of Nitzer Ebb's new album 'Industrial Complex'. The song is entitled 'I Am Undone' and Alan's remix is featured on a bonus disc, to be included with the album due for release by Major Records on January 22nd.
Says Alan: "My version of 'I Am Undone' was originally completed at a slower speed, an error made due to running the supplied files at the wrong tempo! (44.1khz instead of 48khz) However, I rather liked the happy accident and delivered my finished mix at the more sleazy tempo. I think it must have been a bit of a shock as Bon and Doug decided to speed it back up to its original speed. Bit of a shame from my point of view but.... oh well."

For the remix go to: Shunt - the official Recoil Website

To coincide with the release of the new album, and also the Ebb's support slot on the current Depeche Mode tour, Mute are releasing 2 box sets : the 5 CD CATALOGUE including all the Mute albums - 'That Total Age', 'Belief', 'Showtime', 'Ebbhead' (produced by Alan incidentally) and 'Big Hit', and the 3 CD COMPILATION - including 'Body of Work' and 'Body Rework'. Both box sets will be available from January 25th.
Mute are also releasing for the first time a Nitzer Ebb collection of b-sides, remixes & rarities, comprising of 60 tracks. The digital album entitled IN ORDER is available now on iTunes.

Alan will be appearing at a few events with Nitzer Ebb either as part of Recoil's 'Selected' Events 2010 Tour, or as part of the Ebb's own Industrial Complex Tour. Try to catch some of the shows!

The Shunt Staff

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:52:01 »
2010-01-25 - Reflections of Darkness (Germany) - Nitzer Ebb (Excerpt)

http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com/-artists-k-o-interviews-87/6773-nitzer-ebb-january-2010.html

Janos Janurik

(...)

RoD: The German version of ‘Industrial Complex’ is featuring a remix, did by Alan Wilder. Who asked him to remix the song ‘I Am Undone’?
BH: We asked him to remix a track, and he offered a trade - we did a mix for him, and he did a mix for us.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:52:17 »
2010-01-xx - dso (UK) - Nitzer Ebb interview (Excerpt)

http://www.dso.co.uk/aint18.htm

(…)

"I'm Undone":
Came from a really basic idea on the piano. I like to play piano first thing in the morning, before I talk to anyone, I make a cup of tea and play for an hour or two. That idea came one morning. I would develop it during tea breaks in the studio, and Doug would listen whilst making the tea. We put the ideas together - and there it was. Very tea influenced! We were able to get a bit more sophisticated on the production and arrangement - it seemed to fit the style of the song. I'm not surprised that Alan Wilder chose it to remix.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:52:39 »
2010-02-12 - Side-Line (Belgium) - Nitzer Ebb interview (Excerpt)

http://www.side-line.com/interviews_comments.php?id=44232_0_16_0_C

Nitzer Ebb - Working with Phil Harding on the 'That total Age' album was a constant battle

(…)

SL: Rumours are you are working together with Alan Wilder on his next Recoil album?
Douglas: There are a few things going on, basically over the course of last summer we are in touch again with Alan (but we stayed in touch, for various reasons, both personal and music related). I met up with Alan in London and he was asking about various people that could help him put together a kind of Alan Wilder playback DJ appearance in some super interesting cities. So I suggested him a few people and we talked about it with our booking agent and then there was the idea of a Nitzer Ebb involvement in one of those nights or vice versa, a Recoil with Nitzer Ebb evening.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:52:53 »
2010-05-06 - Release Magazine (Sweden) - Nitzer Ebb interview (Excerpt)

http://www.releasemagazine.net/Spotlight/spotlightnitzerebb2010.htm

– Control, they're here!
Text and interview by: Peter Marchione

(…)

Speaking of the track "I Am Undone". Alan Wilder was hired to do a remix of this song and Douglas McCarthy has also appeared on stage with him during some of the Recoil shows this spring. Are there any further collaborations with him planned?
– Not at the moment, at least that I'm aware of. The reason behind that Alan was asked to remix a track of ours is that we have worked with him before and you'll always get good results from him. This idea was behind all the choices regarding remixers for this album - to let people that you are confident with remix the tracks. The Alan Wilder remix was also a kind of exchange deal; Alan did a remix for us and we did a Nitzer Ebb remix for Recoil. Elements of this remix is actually being used in the current Recoil show.

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2011 - 03:53:16 »
2010-05-19 - Zevox.org (France) - Retranscription of Alan WILDER (Recoil, Depeche Mode) interview (excerpt)

Radio interview: https://app.box.com/depechemoderadiointerviews/1/572300318/5483317526/1
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=390925118715

This is the retranscription of the interview of Alan Wilder for the webradio show Cyberspace
Re broadcast of the show on Thursday May 20th on the webradio http://www.zevox.org.

(...)

But with Nitzer, may it be with Doug and Recoil or the band, you continue. The remix of Come Undone you di dis superb… a real mix of all your « tricks » with your unique style : choirs, deep bass, intense drums, strings and orchestral moments…
Yes, and I’m really happy with it… but in fact, I’ve worked on the track with a lower pitch and lower tempo because I haven’t use the right frequency… when I’ve listened to the final version, I was surprised… and I prefer the slower version ! Try to pitch it down and you’ll see the difference :)

(...)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #11 on: 09 October 2013 - 02:34:22 »
2010-07-06 - Bullz Eye (US) - Alan Wilder Interview (Excerpt)

http://www.bullz-eye.com/music/interviews/2010/alan_wilder.htm

By David Medsker
Interview Date: 05/10/2010

(...)

BE: You also managed to get Douglas McCarthy of Nitzer Ebb to actually sing on a record, instead of yell. Why doesn’t he do that more often?
AW: I guess Nitzer Ebb are lacking a lot of melodic content, you could say.
BE: There’s the understatement of the century.
AW: They asked me recently to do a remix for them, and I managed to find one track on their new album that does have some melodic content, and that was the one I chose to do. I think it’s a shame that they don’t have more melody, because they obviously have really good rhythmic ideas and good energy, and Doug is potentially a very good singer.

(...)