Depeche Mode Television Archives Forum

Author Topic: 1998: The Singles 86-98 Release and Tour  (Read 68648 times)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
Re: 1998: The Singles 86-98 Release and Tour
« Reply #270 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:43:13 »
1999-12-xx -  BONG #42:

[Thanks to Milik for scanning this!]

I MET THAT BLOKE FROM DEPECHE MODE ONCE
[Words: Marilyn Owen / "Berangere".]
Summary: A Welsh and a French fan describe the times they met members of Depeche Mode in person.

I too met those guys from Depeche Mode once – it was 1990 at Wembley Arena. My cousin who lives in London managed to get some backstage passes from her friend who was friendly with a guy called Warren. He was from America and he was controlling the lights on stage. [1] After the concert which again was excellent, I don’t know why but I get really emotional at Depeche Mode concerts and always end up crying, we were taken backstage. First I made myself look respectable, just in case I saw my hero and my idol Dave Gahan. There was a lot of fans backstage and I don’t know why but I just knew that there was no way that they were going to enter the room that we were in. I asked Warren: “Are the boys going to come in here?” He said “no”, but I begged and pleaded on my knees for him to take me to where Depeche Mode were. After about five minutes of literally doing this guy’s head in, he said to my cousin joy and myself, “follow me”. I was shaking so much that I spilt my lager!! We were led down some corridors and he said: “It’s that door, you’re on your own from here.” We didn’t know which door as there was so many and so we chose one. Joy opened it and there was Dave and his then wife Theresa. [2] We only caught a quick glance as bouncers appeared from everywhere. We then followed the crowd into a huge room and there was Andy and Martin playing a game of pinball. Anyway, Alan appeared and he looked quite different in real life. We watched the game for a while and Joy was calling my name but I wasn’t taking any notice because I was standing right next to Martin. Joy shouted again and so I stepped out into a long corridor. My body froze, my heart beating like a train, my legs were like jelly, I was speechless… There was Dave and he looked beautiful. He then had his black flat top and looked very fit. He came over to us, we shook hands but I never spoke a word. I simply couldn’t. My cousin did all the talking as I was speechless. When it was time to leave I was gutted and broken hearted. I could have stayed for ever. Martin was talking to some fans so I went up to him, shook his hand and told him that I thought Depeche Mode were the best band in the world. He smiled and said: “Thank you very much.” Now that night of 23rd November 1990 has been the best day of my life ever.
Marilyn Owen
Anglesey, England [sic]

Yes, I met those blokes from Depeche Mode once. Firstly, I was lucky enough to meet Dave and then Fletch in front of his restaurant Gascognes on 29th August 1996.
Berangere
France

[1] - This sounds like Warren Flynn, who is listed in the Violator tour programme as a "varilite operator".
[2] - Dave and Theresa didn't tie the knot until 1992. It's fair to assume that the woman wasn't Joanne, who was still his wife at the time, as both Jo's and Theresa's faces are fairly well known amongst fans from their brief appearances in the film 101.

MARTIN GORE PERSONAL FILE
Summary: An updated personal file from Martin. [233 words]

Full Name    Martin Lee Gore
Date of birth    23rd July 1961
Place of birth    London
Star Sign    Leo
Colour of eyes    Green
Colour of hair    Fair
Height    5’ 7”
Family details    Wife: Suzanne, Daughters: Viva and Ava
Hobbies / Interests    Arsenal, Video Games, Music
Previous job    Bank clerk
Previous bands    Norman And The Worms, Composition Of Sound
Favourite cities    Cape Town, Berlin
Favourite food    Japanese
Favourite drink    Weizen beer
Favourite part of your body    Little finger
Favourite sport    Football
Favourite colour    Black
Favourite perfume    Angel
Favourite designer    No-one in particular
Favourite film    My Life As A Dog
Favourite book    Diary Of A Drug Fiend – Aleister Crowley
Favourite TV station    The Discovery Channel
Favourite magazine / papers    New Scientist
Favourite song    Satisfied Mind – Porter Wagoner
Favourite DM song    Policy Of Truth
Favourite album    The Sun Sessions – Elvis Presley
Favourite DM album    Violator
Favourite video    I don’t have one
Favourite DM Remix    Painkiller (Kill The Pain Mix) – DJ Shadow
Favourite DM Lyrics    Clean
Favourite singer / band    Elvis Presley / The Velvet Underground
What do you like best about being in the band?    The advantages of fame
What do you like least about being in the band?    The disadvantages of fame
If you could be any famous historical figure, who would it be and why?   Albert Einstein – Like the hairstyle
Is there anyone (artist) who you would like to work with in the future?    No

SHOWS IN THEIR EYES
[Words: Marilyn Owen.]
Summary: A long-standing Welsh fan relives a show she attended during the 1998 Singles Tour. [635 words]

Having not seen my beloved Depeche Mode since 1990, I couldn’t wait to see them on their “Singles 86-98 Tour”, so I did four concerts in one week – London, Manchester, Birmingham and Paris. My dream was to see Depeche Mode in Europe and Paris it was to be. I chose Paris because the flight was short – I have a fear of flying but I love Depeche Mode with all my heart and the fear was drowned by excitement. I must add that I met a lot of Depeche Mode fans and made some great new friends. “Hello” everyone, especially Steve from the band Monochrome who I met some time ago in a Depeche Mode night in Manchester. I went to the Manchester and Birmingham concerts on my own and enjoyed every second of it. My friends said that I was very brave but when you love someone so much you will do anything. My boyfriend came along with me to the Paris gig on Oct 7th. He was very excited about seeing Depeche Mode for the first time after spending nine years with a very devoted fan and he was also getting addicted. Midday at Bercy and you could not see the pavement for Depeche Mode fans. The T-shirts, flat top haircuts, Dave and Martin look-a-likes everywhere – it was out of this world. Paris to us was full of strangers but we really felt at home. We hit the metro dressed in black at 7pm and we were ready to go. The journey was 20 minutes or so. We arrived at Bercy and I was shaking like a leaf. I have never watched the support bands before because I am only interested in Depeche Mode and so have never had to queue up, but it was great. This time I was determined to bring a camera so I sneaked it in and was horrified to have been searched twice, but I got away with it. Purity were OK, not my type of music but a credit to them. Depeche Mode were really late coming on stage, something like half an hour and we must have done the Mexican wave about twenty times. Lights out and huge screams, cheers and whistles came from the fans. I was brought to tears as Depeche Mode came on. They blasted out “A Question Of Time” and I almost fell off my five-inch platforms through dancing like crazy. Dave looked as beautiful as ever so fit and healthy. I learnt some new moves off him too!!! When Martin sang “Home”, I was in a trance so much I had lighter burns on my thumb. He just put me under a spell as it was just so beautifully sung. My favourite songs of the tour were “Stripped” because that song has lots of memories for me, especially of the “Black Celebration” concert I went to in 1986. Janet and Jordan’s voices gave me shivers during “In Your Room” because they were so good. “Never Let Me Down Again” because I love it when thousands of people come together as one. “Personal Jesus” because it rocked so much. “Home” because Martin sang from the bottom of his heart – it also hit my heart and “Just Can’t Get Enough” because I can’t get enough of Depeche Mode. I’ve not enjoyed myself so much since 1990 when I last saw my idols in concert. Before I end I must be honest – I was a bit hurt and probably jealous of the amount of devoted fans Depeche Mode have and never thought that anyone loved Depeche Mode as much as me but I was wrong. They have a huge following and every fan feels that Depeche Mode belongs to them. We all know this feeling – a feeling of love and devotion.
Marilyn Owen
Anglesey, England

2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #271 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:43:51 »
1999-xx-xx - Depeche Mode 80-98 Book - Outtake 1993: Love, Sex & Drugs

http://web.archive.org/web/20040107042218/http://strangefan.esmartmusic.com/Articles/DM_8098.htm

An outtake from "Depeche Mode 80-98":
1993: Love, Sex & Drugs

Hast du nach all den Jahren im Musikgeschäft den ständigen Rummel, die Termine und Interviews, das Studio, die Konzerte und das alles manchmal einfach satt?
   Martin: Nein, absolut nicht. Auch wenn wir uns zwischendurch mal ausgelaugt fühlen - die Liebe zur Musik hält mich stets aktiv. Als ich zehn oder elf Jahre alte war, fand ich einen Stapel Rock'n'Roll-Platten bei meiner Mutter im Schrank, die mich schwer beeindruckten. Elvis, Chuck Berry und solche Sachen. An diese mTag habe ich mich infiziert, seither habe ich dieses Faible für Musik.
    Aber der Unterschied zwischen Musik hören und Musik machen ist doch gewaltig. Ihr könnt nicht einfach zuhören und genießen - ihr seid ständig unterwegs, auf Tournee oder im Studio, zu Videoaufnahmen oder Interviews ...
    Martin: Sicher. Man verfällt als Musiker leicht in einen solchen Kreislauf. Wenn die Aufnahmen zu einem Album abgeschlossen sind, folgt darauf unweigerlich die Tournee. Aber dieses Tourgefühl ist völlig anders als die Studioarbeit. Wenn wir mit den Aufnahmen fertig sind, nach Tagen, Wochen und Monaten in engen Räumlichkeiten, dann kommt dieses unglaublich intensive Verlangen nach dem Live-Feeling.
    Nachdem man ewig die selben Leute um sich hatte, ist man richtig scharf darauf, dieses ,,on the road"-Gefühl zu spüren. Man trifft tausende von Leute, und alles lebt von und in Extremen. So gleichen sich die beiden Arbeitsbereiche aus. Aber dieser Kreislauf ist wie eine Sucht, und es fällt uns schwer, ihn zu durchbrechen. Darum bleiben wohl so viele Musiker bei ihrem Job.
   Ihr seid die bekannteste Band der Welt mit elektronischem Sound. Wieso ist dann die Techno-Welle so total an euch vorbeigegangen?
   Martin: Allgemein lässt sich über Depeche Mode sagen, dass sich die Strömungen in der Band eher ungeplant ergeben. Wir arbeiten selten präzise auf eine Sache hin. Sonst würden wir uns die Spontaneität und die Variationsfreiheit nehmen. In den vergangenen Jahren wurde es immer schwieriger, der Techno-Musik zu entkommen. Sie wird in jedem Club gespielt, in jedem Radiosender. Man wird überall damit berieselt. Wir reagieren auf diesen Trend wieder nur unpräzise, also spontan. Aber viele Leute in der Techno-Szene nennen uns ihre Vorbilder und Wurzeln. Dabei ignorieren sie einfach die Tatsache, dass wir im Gegensatz zu ihnen richtige Songs schreiben.
    Eure Texte behandeln häufig Themen wie die Dominanz der Frau. Einige Beispiele dafür sind ,,In Your Room", ,,Master And Servant" oder ,,Dressed In Black". Leigt da ein besonderer Reiz für euch?
   Martin: In allen diesen Stücken geht es immer wieder um das, was ich anfangs schon angesprochen habe: um das Bedürfnis, an etwas zu glauben. Ich habe bisher noch nicht das Richtige gefunden, an das ich glauben könnte. Deshalb stehen die Dinge, an die ich am ehesten glauben könnte, in vielen Songs im Vordergrund - das sind eben Libe und Sex. Liebe, Sex und Religion sind für mich genau genommen das gleiche, die gleichen Inhalte. Ich kann und will diese Dinge nicht trennen, sie sind eng miteinander verknüpft.
   Was inspiriert dich beimTexten? Sind es nur persönliche Erlebnisse, oder beeinflussen dich auch Ereignisse, die du in deinem Umfeld mitbekommst?
    Martin: Wenn ich einen Song schreibe, kann ich nicht genau sagen, was meine Absichten dabei sind. Ich versuche immer nur, Emotionen einzufangen, sie in einem Lied umzusetzen und sie dann der Welt zu präsentieren. Die Songs müssen nicht unbedingt eine Botschaft vermitteln. Es ist, als ob ich einen Satelliten in die Galaxis schieße und dann auf ein Echo warte. Es kommt alles so, wie es kommt.
   Lastet ein Druck auf euch, wenn ihr eine neue Platte herausbringt - wo doch eure Platten immer wieder ein Experiment darstellen?
   Martin: Es ist mehr eine Hoffnung als ein Druck. Die Hoffnung, dass irgendwo irgendjemand versteht, was wir ausdrücken wollen, und von der Musik bewegt wird. Wenn das nicht mehr passieren würde und ich nicht mehr auf dem Weg über Musik mit den Leuten kommunizieren könnte, würde ich wahrscheinlich aufhören, Musik zu machen.
   Das Musikgeschäft wird immer komplexer. Wie schafft ihr es, eure gesamten geschäftlichen Transaktionen alleine zu regeln?
   Martin: Wir haben keinen Manager. Darum ist es sicherlich viel Stress, an alles selbst zu denken. Wir geben uns dabei die größte Mühe und sind froh, dass Andy den Hauptteil dieser Aufgabe übernommen hat. Wenn allerdings Entscheidungen gefällt werden müssen, so tun wir das gemeinsam. Für uns ist es wichtig, Entscheidungen, die uns betreffen, auch selbst zu fällen. Wir sind lange genug verschaukelt worden.
   Dave und du, ihr wechselt euch in unregelmäßigen Abständen beim Singen ab. Wie entscheidet ihr, wer welchen Song singt?
   Martin: Natürlich denken viele Leute, dass ich die Songs singe, mit denen ich mich am meisten identifizieren kann. Dies ist aber keineswegs so; es ist wesentlich unspektakulärer: Dave hat eine ganz andere Stimmlage als ich. So ergibt sich schon aus dem Gefühl eines Liedes, wer singen wird. So einfach ist das. Seine Stimme ist viel aggressiver als meine. Wenn ein Song weiche Stimme benötigt, dann singe ich ihn.
   Habt ihr manchmal den Wunsch, euren großen Bekanntheitsgrad dazu zu nutzen, die Menschen auf die Missstände in dieser Welt aufmerksam zu machen? Kannst du dir vorstellen, in einer ,,Message Band" zu spielen?
    Martin: Beim Songschreiben fällt es mir schwer, ein Thema zu behandeln, das ich nicht mental oder physisch kenne oder erlebt habe. Es gibt so viele Probleme auf dieser Welt, die mich persönlich bewegen. Ich kann aber nicht über solche Dinge schreiben, wenn ich sie nicht am eigenen Körper erlebt habe. Ich weiß auch nicht, ob man das unbedingt tun sollte. Du kannst Hilfsbereitschaft nicht erzwingen. Es ist immer sehr gefährlich, wenn man zu einer Gruppe von Menschen spricht und ihnen die sogenannte Wahrheit vermitteln will. Man muss sehr genau wissen, wovon man redet. Du erreichst als bekannter Musiker eine Menge Menschen, und du musst genau aufpassen, welche Denkanstöße du ihnen lieferst.
    Hast du schon einmal daran gedacht, mit der Musik aufzuhören und etwas ganz anderes zu machen?
    Martin: Es wird sicher die Zeit kommen, wo ich keine Lust mehr habe, Musik zu machen. Dann werde ich einfach aufhören. Wenn ich etwas anderes müsste, würde ich gern so sein wie Cat Stevens, der zum Islam übergetreten ist, alle seine Instrumente verkauft hat und jetzt in England als Schriftgelehrter und Geistlicher den Koran lehrt. Ich habe noch nie mit dem Gedanken gespielt, in einer anderen Gruppe als Depeche Mode zu spielen. Aber was Cat Stevens gemacht hat, finde ich gar nicht schlecht. Er war der einzige, den ich kenne, der konsequent aus dem Musikbusiness ausgestiegen ist, ohne sich ein Hintertürchen für ein Comeback offenzuhalten.
   Warum habt ihr in eurer gesamten Laufbahn noch nie die Plattenfirma gewechselt?
    Martin: Das liegt auch an unserer Sucht nach Freiheit und Eigenständigkeit. Mute hat uns nie unter Druck gesetzt, und wir konnten immer frei entscheiden, was wir wann tun wollten. Mute-Chef Daniel Miller und wir sind nicht nur Geschäftspartner, wir sind Freunde. Er hat sehr schnell gemerkt, dass er uns verlieren würde, wenn er uns unsere Freiheit nehmen würde. Also warum sollten wir wechseln, wo doch mit ihm alles blendend läuft?

2017-06-30: Photobucket has disabled external image hosting, all scans will have to be re-uploaded on another site.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #272 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:44:05 »
1999-xx-xx - Mute - Videos 8698

http://web.archive.org/web/20040610202356/http://www.mute.com/depechemode/8698dvd.html

Depeche Mode
New DVD Release
Depeche Mode The Videos 86>98+
Release Date – 25th November
Depeche Mode are set to release 'The Videos 86>98+', a double DVD deluxe package including the original DVD 'Videos 86>98' plus a second DVD featuring almost 90 minutes of unreleased material including rare videos and interviews from the period, on 25th November.
Disc 1 contains the videos for all 21 singles from the years 86-98. Directed by Anton Corbijn, D.A.Pennebaker, Brian Griffin, Peter Care, Clive Richardson, Martyn Atkins and Steve Green, tracks include 'Personal Jesus', 'Enjoy The Silence', 'Policy Of Truth', 'Barrel of a Gun', 'Only When I Lose Myself' and 'Little 15', which was only released as a single in France. Also included are two documentaries, the first featuring the band discussing the videos included, the second sees the band talking about the release of 'Singles 86-98'.
Disc 2 features nearly one and a half hours of material including the US videos for 'One Caress', 'Strangelove '88', 'Condemnation (Paris Mix)' and 'But Not Tonight' from the Tamara Davis film 'Modern Girls' together with three documentaries: 'Violator', 'Songs Of Faith and Devotion' and 'Ultra'.
DISC 1   DISC 2
1. Interview (10 minutes)
2. Stripped
3. A Question of Lust
4. A Question of Time
5. Never Let Me Down Again
6. Behind The Wheel
7. Little 15
8. Everything Counts (Live)
9. Personal Jesus
10. Enjoy The Silence
11. Policy of Truth
12. World In My Eyes
13. I Feel You
14. Walking In My Shoes
15. Condemnation
16. In Your Room
17. Barrel of a Gun
18. It's No Good
19. Home
20. Useless
21. Only When I Lose Myself
22. A short film about Depeche Mode (20 minutes)   1. But Not Tonight (from the film 'Modern Girls')
2. Strangelove '88 (US Version)
3. One Caress (US Video)
4. Condemnation (Paris Mix)
5. Violator (Short Film – 13/11/90)
6. Songs Of Faith and Devotion (Short Film – 27/1/93)
7. Ultra (Short Film – 26/2/97)
101 DVD | One Night In Paris DVD
Exciter | Sound clips | depechemode.com

1999-xx-xx - Depeche Mode Friends (Czech Republic) - Lee Charteris interview

http://depechemode.cz/prilohy/zapisy/halo_19.pdf

Rozhovor s Lee Charterisem

Co máš na starosti na turné?
Lee: Jsem produkční manager. Mám na starosti všechny technické stránky turné - světla, zvuk, kamiony, autobusy, personál, atd.

Byl jsi někdy předtím na turné s Depeche Mode?
Lee: Ano, byl jsem s nimi v roce 1994 na "exotické" části Devotional Tour.

Jaká je tvá nejoblíbenější věc na turné?
Lee: Když se mohu dívat na reakce publika a vědět, že jsem součást toho všeho... a zvláštní událost, že jsem vyhrál ve stolním fotbale.

Kterou věc nesnášíš na turné?
Lee: Někdy vstávat jen po několika hodinách spánku... a stále prohry s Martinem se stolím fotbale.

Pro které skupiny jsi ještě pracoval?
Lee: The Cure, Peter Gabriel, Lenny Kravitz, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Elton John... dělám to od té doby, co jsem odešel ze školy.

Jak vůbec vypadá tvůj den?
Lee: Začínáme kolem sedmé nebo osmé, takže jsem na nohou ještě dříve a v podstatě na vše dohlížím, takže jsem na místě koncertu celý den. Mám takovou kancelář, kde spolu s Andy Franksem (tour manager) a Jonatanem Kesslerem společně pracujeme. V podstatě to je spousta telefonátů a občas stolní fotbal. Je to dlouhý den, který končí zpravidla kolem druhé nebo třetí hodiny v noci. Je to celé o trpělivosti, diplomacii a někdy radění, když je neklidná nálada.

Co děláš, když je volný den?
Lee: Spousta telefonátů ohledně dalších koncertů a co nejvíce odpočinku a spaní, jak to jen jde.

Která je tvá nejoblíbenější píseň hraná na turné?
Lee: Enjoy The Silence.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #273 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:44:22 »
2000-01-13 - Mute - UK Minidisc release in january

http://mdoesum.free.fr/news.htm

UK Minidisc release in january
Mute announces the release of 4 dm albums on mini disc: The Singles 81>85 , The Singles 86>98, Violator, and Songs of Faith and Devotion will be released in january. click here to go to mute

2000-02-10 - Depechemode.ee (Estonia) - News

http://web.archive.org/web/20010801214446/http://depechemode.ee/ENG/index.html

The Singles 86>98 DVD (cat. no. DVD MuteL5) will be released in Europe in PAL format on March 20th. It will be packaged in a durable plastic case, and feature high quality picture and sound, and easy to use menu options. Content will be the same as the video release. In the US DVD was released earlier - on 12th October 1999. To see the DVD tracklisting press [here].

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #274 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:44:38 »
2000-02-22 - Depeche Mode - News

http://web.archive.org/web/20010215015830/http://www.depechemode.com/news/index2.html

PAL FORMAT DM DVD
February 22nd, 2000
-

The Singles 86>98 DVD, Catalogue Number DVDMUTEL5, wwas released in PAL format on March 20th (UK), and March 13th (France & Germany).

It is packaged in a durable plastic case, and feature high quality picture and sound, and easy to use menu options.

Content will be the same as the video release.

TECH STUFF:
The DVD is zoned for all regions, PAL format, and has no "lock zone". It should be noted that it is not NTSC format, therefore the disc won't play through most US TV's, but we have tried to make it accessable to all PAL machines possible.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #275 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:44:54 »
2000-02-23 - Depeche Mode - PAL FORMAT DM DVD

http://www.pimpfdm.com/news/2000/Feb2000.htm

courtesy of www.depechemode.com :
PAL FORMAT DM DVD -
The Singles 86>98 DVD, Catalogue Number DVDMUTEL5, will be released in PAL format on March 6th. It will be packaged in a durable plastic case, and feature high quality picture and sound, and easy to use menu options. Content will be the same as the video release.
The DVD will be released via UK distribution on 20th March. France & Germany may still stay with 6th or go 13th. It will still be available via Mute Bank on 6th. The reason for delay was a slight tecnical hitch.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #276 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:45:11 »
2000-03-01 - Shout (Russia) - Depeche Mode on DVD

http://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/club/9952/p1_9_e.htm#25

•   1.03.2000 - Depeche Mode on DVD
“The Singles 86>98” in DVD format (Cat. No. DVDMUTEL5) will be released on March 6th.
It will be packaged in a durable plastic case, and feature HQ picture & sound, and easy to use menu options. Content will be the same as the video release.
Technical Notes
The DVD is zoned for all regions, PAL format, and has no "lock zone".

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #277 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:45:26 »
2000-04-22 - Depeche Mode - News

http://oldsite.depechemode.com/news/index9.html

The Videos 86>98 DVD - PAL format DVD
post date: April 22nd, 2000
The Videos 86>98 DVD, Catalogue Number DVDMUTEL5, was released in PAL format on March 20th (UK), and March 13th (France & Germany).

It is packaged in a durable plastic case, and feature high quality picture and sound, and easy to use menu options.

Content will be the same as the video release.

TECH STUFF:
The DVD is zoned for all regions, PAL format, and has no "lock zone". It should be noted that it is not NTSC format, therefore the disc won't play through most US TV's, but Mute have tried to make it accessable to all PAL machines possible.

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #278 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:45:46 »
2000-09-10 - MUTE - New Releases

Courtesy of www.mute.com
MUTE is about to release 3 minidiscs from DM albums :
Violator , The Singles 81>85 , The Singles 86>98

2000-xx-xx - Machina (Poland) - The Videos 86-98 review

http://ff-tech.nazwa.pl/black-angels/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24:materiay-prasowe-z-2000-roku

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #279 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:46:08 »
2001-09-04 - Release Magazine (Sweden) - News

http://web.archive.org/web/20011123175656/http://www.releasemagazine.net/News/news0109a.htm

New Depeche Mode box set

• Depeche Mode's two compilations “The Singles 81-85” and “The Singles 86-98” have been released in one exclusive box set, for obvious reasons named "The Singles 81-98". Sales for this special collectors item are limited for September to December 2001. The box set is made up of three CD:s, and no changes have been made in the track list.
Of course, we find an extremely long row of hits like “Just Can’t Get Enough”, “Everything Counts”, “Master and Servant”, “Strangelove”, “Enjoy the Silence”, “Barrel of a Gun”, "I Feel You" and "It's No Good". This is the second time Mute Records re-releases "The Singles 81-85". /Jesper Lakman (Uselink)

Offline Angelinda

• Assistant
  • Damaged People
« Reply #280 on: 09 July 2012 - 21:26:31 »
2001-09-06 - Shout (Russia) - News

http://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/club/9952/p1_12_e.htm#54

•   6.09.2001 - "Freelove" on DVD
As said in Mute info-list, "Freelove" single will also be available in a DVD format, most likely containing the videos for "Dream On", "I Feel Loved", and possible "Freelove" video too. This is Depeche Mode's first DVD single release.
•   6.09.2001 - New DM release - "The Singles 81>98"
On September 3rd, 2001, Depeche Mode released "The Singles 81>98" compilation. (Cat. no. LCD MUTEL5) This box set is a limited edition for the Christmas period and should be sold from September - December only. This album contains the two CD albums "The Singles 81-85" (CD) and "The Singles 86-98" (DCD) contained in a cardboard box.

2001-09-xx - Musikexpress (Germany) - DVD Review

[Scanned by me. This was reprinted in March 2013. If you can scan the original article, please let us know.]

http://www.musikexpress.de/das-archiv/article224904/depeche-mode.html
3 Stars
The Videos 86-98
Elektro-Pop
Selten hat ein Regisseur das optische Erscheinungsbild einer Band so geprägt wie Anton Corbijn das Image von Depeche Mode. So ist auch diese Video-Compilation der zweiten Karrierehälfte der einstigen Synthie-Popper eher eine Würdigung des holländischen Fotografen und Regisseurs, der 16 der 21 hier versammelten Clips inszeniert hat, als eine Best Of der Gruppe. Zu den Höhepunkten der anlässlich der DM-Tournee wieder veröffentlichten Zusammenstellung zählt zudem das halbstündige Interviewmaterial mit Corbijn und den Bandmitgliedern.